Latest News

Qld schoolkids hospitalised from gas fumes

Two dozen teenagers have been hospitalised after inhaling gas from a science experiment at a school in Queensland's Darling Downs region.

The students at Millmerran State School started to feel ill around 10am on Friday after being affected by the gas leaking from a science experiment.

Paramedics say the 24 teenagers were taken to Toowoomba Hospital in a stable condition for observation and most were back at the school around noon.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services tested the air and said there were no chemicals detected.

© AAP 2017